Privacy & Cookies Policy
This Privacy & Cookies Policy governs the manner in which The Human Face of Medicine collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of The Human Face of Medicine website (“Site”). This privacy & cookies policy applies to the Site and all products and services offered by The Human Face of Medicine & Areti Vassou.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. The non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
The Human Face of Medicine may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- The information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us here.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of this Privacy & Cookies Policy
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us HERE
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
More information about cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on to your terminal equipment (computer or mobile device) when you visit certain websites. At The Human Face of Medicine, we may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons, device fingerprints, etc. For the sake of consistency, all these techniques combined will be hereafter referred to as “cookies”.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes:
Required cookies: In the first place, cookies can be required to make the website function properly. For example, without cookies, it would be difficult to make a website remember that you have logged in, or which products you have put in your shopping cart. These are called required cookies.
Analytics cookies: Cookies can also be used to analyze how a website is used, to count the number of visitors, to learn how the website may be improved. We do not link the website usage statistics and other reports to individual people. These cookies are called analytics cookies.
Social media cookies: Thirdly, social media cookies are used to enable integration of social media into the website, so that you can immediately like or share a page or product on your favorite social media service.
How to manage or disable cookies in your browser
You may manage your cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. If you simply disable all cookies or all of our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website(s) will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies.
You may find further information on how to disable cookies or manage your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
Further information about the types of cookies
used on The Human Face of Medicine websites
- remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasing
- remembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t have to fill in all your details repeatedly
- passing on information from one page to the next, for instance, if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online order
storing preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.
- storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution details
- reading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screen
- locating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attempts
- loading the website evenly so that it remains accessible
- offering the option of storing your login status so that you don’t have to enter login details every time
- making it possible to place a reaction on our website
- optimizing our website in real time depending on how you use the website, e.g. by making a field in a formed light up or blink after a period of inactivity
Cookies that enable us to measure website usage (analytics cookies). Our website may use analytics cookies for:
- keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pages
- keeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pages
- determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our website
assessing which parts of our site need to be improved
- optimizing the website
- requesting your feedback on specific parts of our website
Social media cookies
Cookies for sharing the content of our website via social media (social media cookies).These cookies may make it possible for:
- logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly
- These social media parties may also collect your personal data for their own purposes.
- The Human Face of Medicine has no influence over how these social media parties make use of your personal data.
For more information regarding the cookies set by the social media parties and the data that they may collect, please refer to their own privacy and cookies policies. Below we have listed the privacy statements of the Social Media channels that are used the most by The Human Face of Medicine:
Cookies for displaying targeted advertisements and content (targeted advertising cookies).
In order to tailor information and advertising to your interest and relevance, we try to acquire an understanding of your likely interests on the basis of your visits and surfing behavior on the IdeaDeco websites and other third-party websites.
Based on these interests, we develop a segmented profile and then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various advertising actions. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
Even if these cookies are not used, please note that you will be provided with advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests.
These advertisements can, for instance, be modified according to the content of the website. You can compare this type of content-related Internet advertisements with advertising on television. If, say, you are watching a cookery programme on TV, you will often see an advertisement about cooking products during the advert breaks while this programme is on.
We may use targeted advertising cookies for:
- the websites to record your visit and, as a result, to assess your interests
- a check to be run to see if you have clicked on an advertisement
- keeping track of how many visitors click on an advertisement
- information about your surfing behavior to be passed to other websites
- third-party services to be used to show you advertisements tailored to your needs, interests or preferences
- determining which advertisements, ad-technologies and ad-networks are most effective for us
- showing you advertisements about products you have previously clicked on, searched for or otherwise shown interest in (retargeting)
- keeping track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same ones
- more interesting advertisements to be displayed on the basis of your social media usage
- submit questions or reviews about our products and, on the basis thereof, be presented with advertisements more likely to be of interest to you
- reviews submitted by you to be repurposed as product recommendations on other pages
- keep track of your purchase preferences
- determining which advertisements you clicked on, before performing a purchase on our website
- keeping track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement, as well as their monetary value
- to receive direct marketing e-mails tailored to your interests (if you have opted-in to receive such e-mails) or direct marketing e-mails about similar products as those which you have already purchased (if you have not opted out of receiving such e-mails).
- matching multiple devices (e.g. phone, tablet, laptop) to a visitor so that it can be tracked if an ad on one device may have triggered an action (such as a purchase) on another device (known as ‘cross-device tracking’).
How We Share Data
By accessing our websites, ordering a product or a service, creating an account, or otherwise providing us with your personal data, you consent to the transfer of your personal data throughout the global The Human Face of Medicine network of entities.
Subscription communications include email newsletters, updates etc. that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email’s “Opt-out” or “Unsubscribe” link, or follow the instructions included in each email subscription communication.
- To unsubscribe from messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words “STOP” or “END.”
The Human Face of Medicine may amend this Privacy & Cookies Policy from time to time, for example, because our website or the rules relating to cookies change. We reserve the right to amend the content of the Privacy & Cookies Policy and the cookies included in the lists at any time and without notice.
The new Privacy & Cookies Policy will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised Policy, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using our websites.
By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy & Cookies Policy. You can consult this web page for the latest version.
If you have any further questions and/or comments, please contact us here>>
Last update: April 2018